#TeestaSetalvad Family History:
• Ambashankar Setalvad (1782–1853) worked for the East India Company.
• Harilal Ambashankar Setalvad (1821–1899) was awarded the title of Rao Sahib by the British.
• ‘Sir’ Chimanlal Harilal Setalvad (1864–1947) was one of the member of Hunter Commission which gave ‘clean chit’ to Reginald Dyer for Jallianwala Bagh Massacre in 1919. He was given title of ‘Sir’ in 1919 & appointed a Knight Commander of the Order of the Indian Empire (KCIE) in 1924.
He was also a close friend of Jawaharlal Nehru.
• Motilal Chimanlal Setalvad (1884–1974) was India’s first & longest serving Attorney General (1950–1963). All thanks to Jawaharlal Nehru.
• Atul Motilal Setalvad (1933–2010) was a left leaning liberal Mumbai based lawyer.
• Teesta Atul Setalvad (1962– ) is a journalist cum activist and married Javed Anand who is also an activist cum journalist.
Teesta Setalvad belongs to a family who have been loyal to Britishers/foreigners for last 6 generations and she has just continued that trend.